Following is a representative (not comprehensive) list of member bodies.

Association of Baptist Churches

PO Box 20
Nazareth
Phone: work+972 4 655 5645
Fax: workfax+972 4 608 0788
Personal Email: fhaddad@zahav.net.il

The Organization

The Association of Baptist Churches in Israel (ABC) has strong fellowship links with many agencies and Christian organizations like Life Agape, Children’s Evangelical Fellowship, the Bible Society, Fellowship of Christian Students in Israel, and others. The ABC is also a member in the European Baptist Federation and the Baptist World Alliance. The ABC adopted an organizational system, which enables all churches, based on the size of the church, to send representatives to the general assembly. These representatives elect the council of directors (nine in number). This council meets on a regular basis and is responsible for coordinating the different ministries of the Association.

Historical Perspective

The Association of Baptist Churches in Israel was established in the early 1960s when the then three churches, Nazareth, Jerusalem and the Baptist Village, decided to work together in promoting the work of each church through mutual cooperation and fellowship.

Present Situation and Future Vision

The ABC today has 20 churches in Galilee and Central Israel with around 1000 baptized members and a community of 3000 people. Sixteen churches are Arabic-speaking believers and four churches are expatriates living in Israel mainly among the foreign worker communities. The ABC offices are based in Nazareth. The ABC vision is to reach out to all with the message of the Great Commission using means that show the love of the Lord to all. It seeks to be light and salt in the land.

Baptist Convention in Israel

P.O. Box 7364
Jerusalem
Phone: work+972 2-623-0669
Fax: workfax+972 2 623 0682
Email: bcibsm@bigfoot.com

The Organization

Present day Southern Baptists in Israel date their beginnings from 1911. From that time, Baptist work in the land, under the name Baptist Convention in Israel, has continued to expand and can be found today from the north to the south of the country with about 25 families working with their Jewish and Arab believing brothers among the different people groups.

Historical Perspective

In 1911, a young Palestinian Arab returned to his hometown of Safed after being baptized into the fellowship of FBC, Dallas, Texas. He established in Nazareth the oldest continuous Baptist witness in the Middle East. The first assigned Baptist workers came in 1923 and began a house ministry in Jerusalem. The year 1929 saw the opening of work in Haifa. All personnel were evacuated at the beginning of WWII and returned in 1944 and 1945. The George W. Truett Children’s Home for orphaned children was established in Nazareth and moved to Petah Tikva in 1955. This property is still owned by the Baptists and is now known as Baptist Village.

Present Situation and Future Vision

At the Baptist Village, we have an active sports ministry and host numerous camps and conferences. At the Baptist House in Jerusalem, there are four different congregations ministering in English, Hebrew, and Russian. The International Prayer Center in Jerusalem is being developed in East Jerusalem. One aspect of the work here is to assist people who come on vision trips or prayer walks to see how God might use them in His work. These people are a boon to the land of Israel both financially and spiritually. We hope to continue this and expand the work of volunteers who come to help out short-term in many ways.

Bible Society in Israel

P.O. Box 44
Jerusalem, 91000
Phone: work+972 2 625 1849
Fax: workfax+972 2 624 8329
Email: bsi@netvision.net.il

The Organization

The Bible Society in Israel serves local churches of all denominations to supply their scriptural needs. It is our mandate to translate, publish, and distribute the Bible throughout the Land in both Hebrew and Arabic, reaching out to Israelis, Arabs, new immigrants, foreign workers, and visitors. BSI is part of a worldwide organization of 140 Bible societies operating in about 200 countries, making the United Bible Societies the largest publisher of Bibles. UBS is also involved in the translating of scriptures, and to date, scripture portions exist in over 2,300 languages.

Historical Perspective

The Bible Society is a living testimony of God’s faithfulness to preserve and provide His Word in the Holy Land. The first representative was sent to Israel in 1816 and five years later Joseph Wolff, a Jewish believer, came with 20 camels loaded with Bibles. BSI has served in several locations, but in 1979, the main office was established on Jaffa Road across from the Municipality plaza near the Old City walls. The first complete Hebrew Bible was published in 1959 and, in 1976, the New Testament was translated and published in modern Hebrew. In 1993, the Bible Society received the Israeli governments highest literary award for its complete Bible.

Present Situation and Future Vision

Today there are three Bible bookstores operating in separate citiesJerusalem, Tel Aviv (the only Bible bookstore in the Gush Dan region with a population of more than one million people) and Galilee, located near Nazareth Village and serving mainly the Arab population in the area.

We rejoice in the various ministry opportunities: a sports camp for teenagers, a Bible quiz program, publication of 101 Favorite Stories from the Bible into six languages, a joint project with the Nazareth Village publishing a book on the life and teachings of Jesus, special outreaches to foreign workers, new publications of the Gospels, and the Hebrew/English Bible. The Bible Society also makes Christian media materials available in several languages.

The Bible Society is dedicated to disseminating the Word of God to all people groups in their languages at an affordable price. “The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever (Isaiah 40:8, NKJV).

Childrens Evangelical Fellowship

Fadi Hanna
P.O. Box 292
Israel
Phone: work+972 4 656 6869
Fax: workfax+972 4 646 7959
Email: cef.naz.isra@gmail.com
Visit Website

The Organization

Child Evangelism Fellowship, also known as CEF® is a Bible-centered, worldwide organization composed of born-again believers whose purpose is to share the good news with children and to establish (disciple) them in the local church for Christian living. CEF has over 1200 staff overseas, approximately 1000 of whom are nationals. CEF work in Israel was started in 1948, with the national center located in Nazareth since 1966. It is recognized as an “amuta” (non-profit organization).

Historical Perspective

CEF was founded by Jesse Irvin Overholtzer in 1937. Growing up in a religious family, Jesse at the age of 12 was convicted of his own sin and sought counsel from his mother. He was told, “Son, you are too young.”  It wasn’t until he was in college that he heard the Gospel and trusted Christ as his Savior. Later as a pastor, Mr. Overholtzer read one of Charles Spurgeon’s sermons, which stated, “A child of five, if properly instructed can as truly believe and be regenerated as an adult.”  The Lord used this statement in Jesses life to lead him to begin the ministry of Child Evangelism Fellowship when he was 60 years old. The ministry has grown into the largest evangelistic outreach to children in the world. CEF is currently ministering in over 155 countries worldwide and in every state in the U.S.

Present Situation and Future Vision

CEF has different types of evangelistic programs, designed to bring the Gospel of Christ to children on their level and in their environment. Along with Good News Clubs, CEF also has fairs, summer camps, open-air clubs (5-Day Clubs), and telephone and correspondence outreach programs for children. Last year through these combined ministries, over 6.1 million children worldwide heard the Good News with over one million making professions of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. CEF also provides classes to train their workers and other Christians who are burdened for children, and is dedicated to providing quality, practical training for those called of God to take the Gospel message to children. Training is offered in various locations around the world.  CEF produces and distributes Bible and staff lessons and related materials for use in teaching children; many products are translated into some 90 different languages and distributed around the world.

Christian Alliance Church (C&MA)

Roger Elbel
PO Box 50
Jerusalem,  91000
Phone: work+972 2 625 4669
Fax: workfax+972 2 625 6265
Email: cmaisra@netvision.net.il
Visit Website

The Organization

The Christian Alliance Church exists to know Jesus, exalting Him as Savior, Sanctifier, Healer, and Coming King, and to partner with other believers for completing His “Great Commission”. By His imperative, we share the Good News about Jesus with others. We deeply desire that others also might enjoy God and experience His loving presence.

Historical Perspective

The Christian Alliance Church began as a Jesus-centered, church-generating movement emphasizing wholeness and fullness through the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. In 1884,

Dr. A. B. Simpson sought to mobilize under-utilized lay-forces and resources of the churches to “take the whole Bible to the whole world”. The Christian Alliance Church has been in the Middle East since 1890, with more than 500 adherents in Israel. As a mainstream evangelical church, the C&MA was a founding member of UCCI in 1956. Currently, the C&MA has church workers serving in 66 nations, with over 4 million members in 81 countries and territories of the world. In Israel, ministry centers include Jerusalem and Beersheba.

Present Situation and Future Vision

By proclaiming His truth, our pastors, professionals and volunteers have been meeting the needs of people. Ministries of service and compassion are helping meet critical educational and community support needs. For over 100 years, our ministries have impartially served Jewish, Arab and expatriate communities.

The Alliance Church has always served with a deep respect for different backgrounds, cultures and religions. We rejoice when people are reconciled to God and one another. We believe God has given dignity and worth to all peoples and that He intends for them to live in freedom. He has given them the right to choose His free gift of forgiveness and fellowship with Him. Therefore, we will continue offering His message to all with love and respect.

We will nurture, equip and empower national leaders to boldly serve others. We value God’s glory in Jesus, the Bible as His Word, the Church as His Body, the Great Commission mandated to all believers, and the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Christus-Treff Jerusalem

Dirk Klingelhoefer
P.O. Box 14076
Jerusalem,  91140
Phone: work+972 2 626 4627
Fax: workfax+972 2 626 4627
Email: jerusalem@christus-treff.de
Visit Website

The Organization

The Community of Jesus/Christus-Treff is a fellowship of Christians from different denominational backgrounds, among them Lutherans, Catholics, Evangelicals, Pentecostals and other denominations. Based in Marburg, Germany (and since 2002 also in Berlin), it started in the early 1980s as a community of university students seeking to live a committed life as Christians and serving their community through prayer, worship, education, social action and creative arts.

Historical Perspective

From the beginning, members of the community have been serving in several countries throughout the Middle East. In 1993, a community center in the Old City of Jerusalem was opened. The Johanniter Hospiz was founded in 1859 by the German branch of the Order of St. John (Hospitallers), who wanted to provide a place for young German travelers and pilgrims in the Holy Land, a place where they could learn about their faith and about the land while at the same time enjoying Christian hospitality, pastoral care and spiritual inspiration. Today, the center remains the property of the Order, while the original vision is entrusted to and carried on by members of the Community of Jesus who live and serve in the hospice.

Present Situation and Future Vision

The Community of Jesus seeks to serve German-speaking visitors, pilgrims and volunteers, as well as the local communities of believers. It offers regular lectures and worship meetings, study trips and pilgrimages, counseling and pastoral care for individuals. A limited number of rooms are available for pilgrims and visitors who want to share community life with other Christians. Members of the community are also active in different local churches and institutions, supporting them in their ministry to the people.

Our main goal is to invite people from all backgrounds into a relationship of faith in Jesus Christ, to help them grow in their faith and to equip them for a life as friends of Jesus and servants of people.  We also seek to strengthen ecumenical relations with Christians from other traditions, Orthodox, Catholic, Evangelicals, Arab Christians, as well as other local believers. We want to work for an improvement of Jewish-Christian understanding, and we continuously pray and work for peace and reconciliation in Israel.

Church of God

Gary Hull
PO Box 19287
Jerusalem,  9119201
Phone: work+972-52-6720303
Fax: workfax+972-4-8419685
Email: gary.hull@cogwm.net

The Organization

The Church of God was founded 1886 in the United States of America. It is a Pentecostal movement with over six million members in 157 countries.

Historical Perspective

The first contacts to the Holy Land were recorded in 1934-35. No definitive history is available from this time. In 1947, the Church of God established our first ministry here. In 1962, land was purchased on the Mount of Olives and a ministry center was built. Our main focus in the beginning was among Arabs.

Present Situation and Future Vision

Today, the Church of God has several distinct ministries in the land. We have Arab churches in Aboud and in Lod.  We also have a Christian day school and kindergarten in Aboud.  Additionally, we minister to poor Israelis through a humanitarian aid project. Speakers of Romanian have a church with us in Jerusalem. Our center on the Mount of Olives provides new ministers with training which prepares them to serve in our churches.

Church of the Nazarene in Israel

Lindell Browning
12 Caspi, Apt. 3
Jerusalem, 93554
Phone: work+972 2 671 5080
Fax: workfax+972 2 582 1172
Email: emfo@netvision.net.il

The Organization

The Church of the Nazarene in Israel is a part of the global Church of the Nazarene, which ministers in 150 countries in the world.

Historical Perspective

The Church of the Nazarene began its ministry in the land, then called Palestine, in 1920 among Armenian refugees. Two of the churchs leaders requested permission to open a church, but were denied unless the church could also open an orphanage. After spending a night in the Garden of Gethsemane praying for Gods will to be done, these leaders returned and were given permission. Property was secured adjacent to the YMCA in West Jerusalem, where a preschool and ministry to Armenian refugees began. This ministry continued there until the 1970s; the property was then sold and moved into the Old City near Jaffa Gate. Another property was built on Nablus Road in 1969.

In 1948, under the leadership of Rev. Alexander Wachtel, the Church of the Nazarene was one of the first Protestant evangelical churches to register in the new country of Israel. Rev. Wachtel was also one of the founding members of the UCCI and the church was a charter member. Since 1948, the Church of the Nazarene had only three leaders: Rev. Wachtel until 1973, Rev. Earl Morgan until 1988, and Rev. Lindell Browning, the present leader.

Present Situation and Future Vision

In 1960, the Church of the Nazarene opened a ministry in purchased property in Nazareth. A ministry also began in Haifa. Today, there are local churches in Jerusalem, Haifa and Nazareth. In 1985, a preschool opened in Nazareth, and in 1992, a preschool opened in Haifa. Together these two preschools have about 180 children. Bible studies/church plants are being conducted in Ibellin, Kefar Yseif, and Lod.

The vision of the Church of the Nazarene is to be a part of a united movement for Christ throughout the Eastern Mediterranean. The core values of the church are three dimensional: 1) We are committed to be followers and disciples of the Lord Jesus; 2) We believe that holiness is exemplified in the Scriptures, demanded and provided for to each who follows Christ through His death on the cross; 3) We are a church on a mission to preach the Gospel to all men. With the conviction that all are redeemable, we have set as a motto, No soul left behind. Attempts to share the Gospel are presently done by local churches in Israel, preschools, and compassionate ministries or humanitarian relief work. We attempt to be holistic in our approach to ministry.

Church School Services

P.O. Box 19179
Jerusalem
Phone: work+972 2 626 4258

The Organization

Church School Service, Inc. is a non-profit Arab bookstore and publisher, located at corner of Nablus Road and Arm Ben Elaas St. about 100 meters north of the Garden Tomb in Jerusalem.

Historical Perspective

Church School Service began in 1975. Miss Florence Christie was retiring after a lifetime of service in Egypt, but wanted to visit Jerusalem first. When several local Jerusalem pastors heard of her previous ministry in publications, they asked her to stay to open a bookstore and publish Sunday School material. The Anglican Church offered her a damaged Ottoman house for the center, which was renovated and is still the location today. Many people still know the bookstore as Miss Christies.

The Lord called her niece, Marlene Joyce Shafer, to Jerusalem, and Miss Christie returned to the States. For the next two decades, Joyce worked tirelessly to register the bookstore as a U.S. nonprofit corporation, to extend the stores ministry into Jordan and Iraq, and to publish many new items. A whole generation of Christians in Jordan, the West Bank and Galilee has grown up with the Church School Service picture album, many of them still treasuring it 25 years later.

The bookstore was expanded to a third room carved out of the courtyard used for teacher training seminars. Upon her retirement, the Lord called Raymond and Kathryn Hain back to the Middle East in 1996 to serve.

Present Situation and Future Vision

Church School Service has over 2,000 Christian books available in Arabic brought from Egypt, Jordan, Cyprus, Syria, Lebanon, and now, even Iraq. By being in the middle, we have the largest number of Arabic titles in one place in the whole Middle East. We also send curriculum and felt sets to Iraq and the rest of the Middle East. Work goes on to fulfill our mandate:  Out of the City of David shall go for the Word of the Lord from Jerusalem.  (Isaiah 2:3, NKJV)

Cornerstone

P.O. Box 546
Jerusalem,  91004
Phone: work+972 2 623 1680
Fax: workfax+972 2 672 1349
Visit Website

The Organization

Since its establishment in 1936 as Zion Apostolic Mission until now, Jerusalem Cornerstone has tried to walk the political tightrope by loving all peoples, Jews and Arabs, and adhering to changing governmental protocols, all the while faithfully sharing the Gospel through biblical teaching and acts of loving-kindness.

Historical Perspective

During the British Mandate but with Turkish influences continuing, William L. Hull founded the Zion Apostolic Mission, later named Zion Christian Mission, and finally renamed Jerusalem Cornerstone in 1995. Cornerstone was known as an Ottoman Society until the 1970s when Israeli law transferred Cornerstones status to an amuta, an Israeli non-profit organization. Hull is probably most famous for his chaplaincy of Adolf Eichmann; this story was told in Hulls The Struggle for a Soul – Doubleday, 1963. Hull was deeply interested in Gods special plan for Israel. In 1961-62, Hull transferred the mission, including the Bible shop on 33 Street of the Prophets, to Le Roy and E. Paul Kopp. A local paper, The Jerusalem Post, February 25, 1955, carried a report of Rev. E. Paul Kopps ministry when several people, including a blind woman from Amman, Jordan, came to faith after being healed through his prayers.

Charles Kopp was appointed by his father, E. Paul, and grandfather, LeRoy, to head Zion Christian Mission in 1966. Charles and his wife, Elizabeth, started a coffee shop to reach out to the youth culture of the 1970s and were able to expand the work of Cornerstone in establishing and partnering with additional Christian workers in the land.

Present Situation and Future Vision

Today the vision of Jerusalem Cornerstone continues to be about sharing the message of Gods love to all mankind through acts of charity and educational opportunities with an eye towards Kingdom restoration and reconciliation. Jerusalem Cornerstone is resiliently advancing the word of life prophesied to forever change the Middle East and the world.

Danish Israel Mission (Danish Church)

Jakob Nielsen
Bar Kochba Street 91/5
Jerusalem, 97892
Phone: work+972 54 442 3154
Email: jakobwn@israel.dk
Visit Website

The Organization

The Danish Israel Mission (DIM) was established in 1885 and is an official organization within the Lutheran State Church of Denmark. Its purpose is to share the Gospel with the Jewish people, to further mutual understanding between Christians and Jews, and to fight anti-Semitism.

Historical Perspective

In the early 20th century, DIM was reaching out to the Jews in Denmark and Eastern Europe. Following World War II and the establishment of the state of Israel, the work was restructured. Since 1953, DIM has strived to maintain the presence of a Danish pastor in Israel. Between 1953-1965, two Danish pastors were sent to the Scottish School in Jaffa. In the years 1966-1972, a Danish pastor worked among Danish kibbutz volunteers. Since 1976, a Danish pastor and a number of volunteers have been serving the Danish congregation in Jerusalem, as well as Danish visitors to Israel, in cooperation with the Danish Church Abroad. Since the mid-1990s, the pastor has also served as the Social Attaché of the Danish Embassy. Since 1976, DIM has been sending nurses and volunteers to the Ebenezer Home in Haifa. In the mid-1990s, DIM began providing Danish volunteers to various Israeli humanitarian institutions through our Meet the People program. This bridge-building effort remains a main emphasis of our work.

For many years, the Danish congregation has had its home at Redeemer Church in the Old City.

Present Situation and Future Vision

DIM is involved in a variety of local ministries, among which are the Caspari Center, FCSI (Fellowship of Christian Students in Israel), Musalaha (Reconciliation), the Bible Society, Immanuel Church in Jaffa, etc. The work in Israel has two purposes: to serve the Danish community in Israel through the Danish Church in Jerusalem, and to support the local congregations. It has been a matter of priority to serve the existing local ministries rather than establishing new ones.

EMMS Nazareth Hospital

P.O. Box 11
Nazareth, 16100
Phone: work+972 4 602 8888
Fax: workfax+972 4 657 5912
Visit Website

The Organization

The Nazareth Hospital, on a hillside overlooking the town, is a District General Hospital for Galilee, recognized by the Ministry of Health in Israel, and part of the network of health care for the region. Christian staff and patients worship regularly in the wards and in the hospital chapel, where the communion table is a carpenter’s bench, but the Christian witness is evident 24 hours a day throughout the hospital in the caring concern and respect for patients as individuals, whatever their race or religion.

Historical Perspective

The hospital is staffed principally by local people, and is the largest employer in the town of Nazareth. However, about 10% of the hospital’s staff, both medical and support, are from overseas, usually on a two-year contract, occasionally for longer, or in a voluntary capacity for a few months. All overseas staff are Christian, and work alongside local Christian, Muslim and Jewish staff.

Present Situation and Future Vision

OF the 25 departments in the Nazareth Hospital, the maternity unit is certainly the busiest, with the Neo Natal Intensive Care Unit giving special care to premature or sick babies. The Accident and Emergency unit is open 24 hours a daythe only such facility in the areaand the Renal Dialysis unit is literally a lifeline to all its patients. Nursing training is a long-established part of the work of Nazareth Hospital, and continues today in modern School of Nursing, while psychiatry is the newest service to be introduced by the hospital. In surgery and in diagnostics, the hospital tries to keep pace with the latest techniques, where funds allow, and in recent years, the King’s Ward has been one of the pioneers in Israel of Palliative or Hospice Care, a service which offers unique opportunities for showing Christian care and compassion to patients and their families, both in the ward and in their homes.

Finnish Lutheran Mission

P.O. Box 638
Rishon LeZion, 75106
Phone: work +972 3 967 0179

The Organization

FLM is a Bible-believing organization. Our desire and duty is to pray for the peace of Jerusalem, as we are exhorted to do in Psalm 122:6-9:  For the sake of my brothers and friends, I will say: peace be within you. For the sake of the house of the Lord our God, I will seek your prosperity (NIV).

Historical Perspective

FLM, an official organization of the Finnish Lutheran Church, was founded in 1967. Since the very beginning, Israel has had an important role in the work and vision of FLM. In the early 1970s, we started bringing study groups of Finnish young people, especially theology students, to Israel to study the Jewish roots of our faith, the Land of the Bible, and also to build bridges of friendship with the Israeli people.

Present Situation and Future Vision

During the past decades and until this day, FLM has brought tourists, as well as special youth groups (arranged confirmation camps, for example) to Israel. In Finland, we have participated in the activities of the Israeli Friendship Organizations. FLM is deeply concerned about and wants to fight against the growing anti-Semitism and anti-Israel atmosphere in Europe and the mass media. Our representatives in Israel write articles and send pictures to Finnish papers and magazines about the Land and the people of Israel, wanting to correct the often so partial information given in the media today. They also invite Israeli speakers to come and visit Finnish churches, seminars, schools and conferences. They want to encourage and help the young people in different cross-cultural study programs to come to this interesting Land to study the roots of our faith, and the history and culture of Israel, and the people living here. We also want to promote understanding and peace between all the people living in this Land: Jews and Arabs and the many foreigners who live here as workers, whether short or long-term.

Foursquare Israel

The Organization

Foursquare Israel is a branch of the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel, head-quartered in Los Angeles, CA. Its name and founding tenets are based on the four-fold ministry of Jesus as savior, healer, baptizer in the Holy Spirit and soon-coming King.  Foursquare holds partnership and fellowship with the larger body of the Messiah as we together work to advance His Kingdom as one of its highest values.

Historical Perspective

Starting with the establishment of its first church in Los Angeles, California in 1923, Foursquare has grown to be established in 149 nations with over 6 million adherents world-wide. Israel serves as the headquarters base for the Foursquare ministry in the Middle East, with works established in ten nations in the Middle East and Central Asia region.

The first worker to represent Foursquare in Israel and the territories came to the land in 1996.  Since that time Foursquare has been involved in various forms of outreach, ministry and humanitarian assistance.  Some of these activities have included church planting among foreign workers, teaching English and computers, food and medical distribution to needy families, establishing a beauty salon for low income women, literature and media distribution, and conducting of leadership seminars.  Foursquare is also in partnership with the ministry of Charles and Liz Kopp who are ordained Foursquare ministers and serve on the board of Foursquare Israel.

Present Situation and Future Vision

We continue to seek a way to partner with the larger body of Messiah in the land reaching out with the love and message of reconciliation to all the peoples of this country.  We are currently in the midst of partnering with a local believer and his organization to jointly establish a new community center where we will teach English, computers, martial arts and classes of practical assistance, such as ‘principles of child rearing from the Gospel’.  We will also seek for this center to be a place of reconciliation between various peoples in this country.

We will be partnering with this same ministry to conduct leadership-training courses both for local believers as well as emerging leaders from abroad who desire to study the Bible in the context of the land and cultures of Israel.

House of Light

Anis Barhoum
P.O Box 40
Shfar-Am, 20200
Phone: work+972 4 986 5943
Fax: workfax+972 4 985 5943
Email: holight@netvision.net.il

The Organization

The House of Light is an Arab Christian charity for social aid, officially registered as an amuta (non-profit organization), founded by Anis and Nawal Barhoum. The ministry works in the strong conviction that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is the solution for all problems and needs by the power of His Holy Spirit. The organization presents the Gospel to all who ask for help, regardless of their backgrounds.

Historical Perspective

The ministry started in 1984 by having a Good News Club at the Barhoum family house, held by the organization Childrens Evangelical Fellowship. The House of Light became a center for sharing and counseling as God sent people, many times parents of children who attended the Good News Club, asking for help.

Present Situation and Future Vision

The Lord blessed House of Light with Christian psychologists and a social worker, who are always ready when needed. Counseling is given to broken families, girls with problems, as well as addicts who seek help for rehabilitation. Prevention programs are held on a weekly basis especially for women and children. The organization hosts and nurtures a year round program called Kings Kids, a childrens and youth ministry teaching young people to show the love of Christ through volunteering and performing arts. This ministry brings youth from different ethnic backgrounds together as one in Christ. Kings Kids holds special summer camps each year. Bible studies, worship meetings, counseling sessions, individual care, home visits, Kings Kids and Good News Clubs are held in the House of Light every week.

The Lord also opened the doors of prisons to Anis and Nawal to visit prisoners with a Christian background. They aim at leading them to real repentance by the understanding and acceptance of Messiah. At Christmas and Easter, a group of committed believers lead worship, teach and have fellowship with inmates inside the different prisons. The group also distributes gifts to all prisoners. Prisoners families are being nurtured by House of Light and helped to overcome the difficulties with a renewed mind and life.

Israel Trust of the Anglican Church

The Organization

The Israel Trust of the Anglican Church (ITAC) has been involved in various ministries in Jerusalem and other parts of the Holy Land since the early 19th century. Today we operate from four locations: Christ Church Centre and The Prophets Street compound in Jerusalem, Beit Immanuel in Jaffa, and Beit Bracha in Migdal near the Sea of Galilee.

Historical Perspective

Christ Church Centre was established in 1838 inside the Old City near the Jaffa Gate and was the first Protestant entity in the Middle East. A heritage center, also located in two other historic ITAC buildings, explains to our many visitors, both locals and tourists, the enormous part that Christians, especially ITAC, played in the history of the Holy Land.

On The Prophets Street in the center of Jerusalem is another historic ITAC site. Originally a hospital, it has been the home of ITACs Anglican International School for more than 40 years. On this compound is also Makor HaTikva, a Hebrew school that has been associated with ITAC for 16 years. Another heritage center open to visitors is also located on the Anglican School site.

Present Situation and Future Vision

Christ Church Centre, our first center, is currently the home of four different congregationsEnglish, Hebrew, Romanian and Filipino. Christ Church also runs a guesthouse, coffee shop and bookshop. Based at Christ Church is our study center, Alexander College/Shoresh Tours, with an emphasis on the Jewish roots of the Christian faith, and the new Conrad Schick Library. The Anglican School, at The Prophets Street, is used by local congregations and other Christian organizations. Our third heritage center, Beit Immanuel, is leased to a local congregation, who also run a guesthouse and youth hostel. Beit Bracha is ITACs newest center. This beautiful prayer/retreat center is located in Migdal overlooking the Sea of Galilee. Besides hosting visitors from overseas, Beit Bracha supports local Jewish and Arab Christian communities with events, retreats and conferences.

Machaseh

Machaseh is a non-profit charity organization founded in 2005.

 Machaseh´s goal is to build up an effective network for victims of domestic violence and couples and families in crisis and in theirrelationships. Regardless of ethnicity or religion, help is offered to holocaust survivors, women who are victims of human trafficking, Ethiopian singlemothers and their children, refugees, homeless, poor, people struggling withaddictions, and traumatized persons. Also King’s Kids Jerusalem is under the umbrella of Machaseh and serves children and youth, helping them to develop and use their skills. They are also active in the field of reconciliation between Arab and Jewish youth.

The Machaseh team is multi-cultural, consisting of Israelis and Internationals.

 In order to meet all the needs, an interdisciplinary approach is important. The Machaseh team consists of a Pastoral Counselor, a Clinical Psychologist, a Social Worker, and a Child Welfare Worker. In addition a number of volunteers, professionals in the fields of counseling, social work or practical work are involved. Machaseh works closely with lawyers and the Israeli Social Services.

 Machaseh´s work is based on Christian values and ministers to people showing them the unconditional love and mercy of God. Many clients are non believers and it is our desire to reconcile and connect them with Jesus, the Savior.

“This I declare about the Lord:  He alone is my refuge (Machaseh), my place of safety.”   Psalm 91:2 :2

Nazareth Evangelical Theological Seminary

Near East Ministry

P.O. Box 31927
Jerusalem
Phone: work+31 342 471318
Email: info@nemnieuws.nl

The Organization

The Near East Ministry (NEM) is an interdenominational foundation and a member of the Evangelical Alliance in the Netherlands. The NEM is involved in a ministry of reconciliation, recognizing that reconciliation with God is the only way to achieve reconciliation among people. This has a special meaning for Israel and the Arab people according to the Bible (see Isaiah 19:23-25). Reconciliation in the Middle East has a worldwide effect. The Near East Ministry reaches out for this kind of reconciliation by serving Jewish and Arab people. Over 40 workers with their families serve in the Middle East through our organization.

Historical Perspective

Since her foundation in 1963, the NEM is focused on the Middle East. Through the ages, there have always been conflicts in this birthplace of Judaism, Christianity and Islam. After the foundation of the state of Israel in 1948, these have only increased. The Middle East is an explosive area, involving the greater part of the world.

Present Situation and Future Vision

The Near East Ministry reaches out for reconciliation in prayer and concrete service for the Arab and Jew in this harassed territory, doing so with a humble attitude. We are not unaware of sincere mistakes Christians have made towards Jews and Arabs.

The NEM is carrying out her ministry in the following ways: sending practical workers to the Middle East, intercessory prayer for reconciliation in the Middle East, and publication of articles and booklets. NEM volunteers are involved in nursing, childcare, support of refugees, home care, help for handicapped and elderly people, technical support, etc. In this way, they contribute in a practical way to the ministry of reconciliation in the Middle East. Ministering in an attitude of prayer, they join the local Christian population in their hope for peace.

Norwegian Church Ministry to Israel

P.O. Box 525
Haifa
Phone: work+972 4 8515 019
Fax: workfax+972 4 8516875
Email: ncmi.haifa@gmail.com

The Organization

The Norwegian Church Ministry to Israel was founded in 1844, and started its ministry in Israel in 1949.

Historical Perspective

Congregations were established in Haifa (Beit Eliahu) and in Tel Aviv/Jaffa (Immanuel Church). The NCMI initiated the building of Ebenezer Home (1976) in Haifa and established the Caspari Center (1982) in Jerusalem. In addition, the NCMI is supporting ministries in Israel, Hungary, Romania, Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, and the USA. In our buildings in Haifa and Tel Aviv, the NCMI facilitates locations for 7 different congregations and groups.

Present Situation and Future Vision

The vision of the Ebenezer Home was to provide Jewish believers in Jesus who had survived the Holocaust a good home in their old age. Many organizations helped the NCMI realize this vision. Today the home is serving the evangelical congregations in Israel, and has both Jewish and Arab residents. The staff has increasingly become Israeli, and more young Israelis work as volunteers.

Caspari Center for Biblical and Jewish studies was established in 1982 to support local congregations with theological training and has grown to include programs for children’s education and leadership training. Sabbath-school teachers seminars have been held since 1997. The leadership training program was started in 2003 and is designed to provide practical skills for young and upcoming leaders. Caspari Center publishes a theological journal Mishkan forum on the Gospel and the Jewish people. The Caspari Center library is used by both local and international students.

Several congregations have their weekly services at Immanuel Church, which celebrated its centenary in 2004. Many Israelis visit this little “pearl” in Jaffa, for organ concerts and for information about the church.

We give thanks to the Lord for devoted local leaders in the organizations and congregations, and pray that the ministry of the NCMI will continue to serve the local body of believers, so the evidence of the grace of God can be visible among us.

Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada

Wayne Hilsden
P.O. Box 427
Jerusalem, 91003
Phone: work+972 2 625 1899
Fax: workfax+972 2 625 1896
Email: whilsden@netvision.net.il

The Organization

The PAOC, ISRAEL was established in 1981 with the goal of planting congregations, training leaders and being a catalyst for unity and cooperation among local ministries in the Land.

Historical Perspective

The ministry began when Jim and Kathy Cantelon left their homeland of Canada and moved to Jerusalem. Less than two years later they were joined by fellow Canadians, Wayne and Ann Hilsden, who came to help establish a congregation, later known as King of Kings Community. As the congregation grew, it became strong enough to help establish two daughter congregations.

The goal of training leaders was realized when the PAOC, ISRAEL established what is now known as Israel College of the Bible. This institution, now independent, has since become the largest full-time Bible College in Israel and offers the only undergraduate degree program with accreditation.

Recently the PAOC, ISRAEL helped build Jerusalem's largest worship/conference center, which is being used extensively by the wider body of believers for congregational worship, as well as citywide and nationwide gatherings.

Throughout its history the PAOC, ISRAEL has endeavored to be a servant ministry to many other outreaches in the Land, including member bodies of the UCCI.

Present Situation and Future Vision

The ministry of the PAOC, ISRAEL is still expanding and is presently in the process of helping to birth another congregation. Recently, it has helped establish a prayer center located in one of the highest towers in Jerusalem. The PAOC, ISRAEL will soon expand its media arm, producing music from its new recording studios, as well as providing live video of special services and events via the internet. In addition, the PAOC, ISRAEL is helping to launch a special praise experience to be offered on a regular weekly basis to pilgrims visiting Jerusalem.

Project Redemption

Harry Tees
P.O. Box 32298
Jerusalem, 91322
Phone: work+972 2 628 4018
Fax: workfax+972 2 581 5553
Email: tees@wmme.org

The Organization

Project Redemption is an interdenominational organization working within an international framework. It was founded in 1980. Today it operates in over 20 locations in cooperation with local churches and para-churches mainly in areas of spirituality, education and community development.

Jerusalem House is the operational headquarters of Project Redemption in the Land and is located in the central area of Jerusalem. It is only few minutes walk from the Old City, Zion Square, and Mea Shearim.

Historical Perspective

Project Redemption started serving in the early 1980s, beginning as a small group of ten members, mostly volunteers who desired to serve in Israel in several small community projects. PR was formed as a ministry to support short-term volunteer work in community services.

In the 1990s, the headquarters was moved to Jerusalem House at Nablus Road. The building was used as a study center to bring international university students to study and volunteer in Israel. Along with the service projects, study programs, Project Redemption provides a place of worship for these and other university students.

Present Situation and Future Vision

Community development, along with student ministries and worship centers, are the foundation of Project Redemption. We serve alongside existing ministries, as well as building up ministries in partnership with the local body. We provide interactive training courses, in which theoretical and practical teaching go hand in hand, to equip those who want to minister.

University of the Holy Land

Stephen Pfann
P.O.Box 24084 Mt. Scopus
Jerusalem, 91240
Phone: work+972 2 645 3570
Fax: workfax+972 2 645 3621
Personal Email: info@uhl.ac
Visit Website

The Organization

“The land of the Bible: our classroom” is the motto of The University of the Holy Land (UHL), an interfaith, interdenominational graduate school founded by Christian scholars in Jerusalem. UHLs diverse student body includes local and international students. The school remains on the cutting-edge of research, projects and curriculum related to the life of Jesus, the Second Temple Period (e.g., Nazareth Village), and the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Historical Perspective

Established in 1986 as a research center by its president, Dr. Stephen Pfann, and incorporated in California as the Center for the Study of Early Christianity (CSEC), UHL has gradually expanded into a masters and doctorate granting institution. UHL’s mission is to provide an academic study environment in which an individual can explore the origins of the Christian faith, combining the benefits of field study with classroom education, and utilizing both Jewish and non-Jewish resources.

Present Situation and Future Vision

UHLs partnership with the Rothberg International School of the Hebrew University provides a unique opportunity for students from both institutions to study together with world-class Jewish and Christian instructors. In addition to its link to the Rothberg School, UHL has sister-school relationships with the Ecole Biblique, the University of Durham, and Seoul Theological Institute, among many others. As a public service, UHL offers courses at the YMCA in English as a Second Language for the community-at-large.

As UHL begins its third decade of educational service, its outreach will expand with the launching of distance learning, providing web-based courses to students around the world, many of whom might never be able to come to the Holy Land.

UHL is pleased to be a part of UCCI as we celebrate together our anniversaries in the land of the Bible!